Followers

Monday, March 1, 2021

Post #7172 Plummeting

The weather was crazy today.  We have had a lot of melting so it's very swampy around here....except for where there is ice (from the cold nights).

So glad the front paddock is covered with old hay so there will be a lot of texture there tomorrow.  It's supposed to go down to 10 0r 15 tonight and it is blowing like crazy.




Getting out to the back pasture did not look good to me,
way too much ice on the way out.
I ended up closing it off and they were put in the smaller pasture.


That did not excite them too much.


I ran a couple errands and the temperature started to drop by noon.  It was 34 degrees.
Then it started to snow and the wind was howling.



By late afternoon it was 28.

Then the sun broke through!
We had a meeting with the Town Engineers at 4, as we are going to be getting water in the next few months....probably June or July.  Home by 4:30 and started on dinner.
I don't know what's gotten into me, but I have actually started to look at some recipes.
This one was posted awhile ago and I made it tonight.
Italian Chicken Pasta.
I'm not very good at following directions.
Instead of using chicken breasts, I picked up 4 honkin' bone in chicken thighs that were on sale.
I floured them and put them in a frying pan with some EVOO and  little butter.
After they were browned on both sides I covered them and put the pan in the oven.
These were my ingredients.
I sautéed an onion...
added two chopped Roma tomatoes and two chopped scallions...

1 tablespoon of flour...
mixed it in and added one cup of white wine....
then, 1 cup of light cream (it asked for heavy)...
added a little oregano, basil and a few red pepper flakes...
whisked...
finished with half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
In the meantime I made some fettuccine.
Mixed in the sauce and topped it with the chicken.
Voila!  It tasted great and we have enough left for a replay tomorrow night!!!
It's pretty ugly outside right now.
Time to get out by the fire.
Night all.


 

3 comments:

Tomato Thymes said...

I am half Italian. Heck with the chicken breasts. Love chicken thighs. Recipe looks great.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe to try. During this time home, I have enjoyed trying new recipes and even have been watching Rachel Ray in the morning to see what she is cooking from her Adirondack home where they are living. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

I'm a horrible cook but like good meals. So I am helpless!
However I've been a bit better this past year than years before!

We have had warm temps that mad everything mushy and watery then the temps dropped to make everything icy for two days.
This week it will be warm enough to turn all the gravel roads into horrible rutted mushy roads.