Followers

Monday, January 8, 2024

What Will Tomorrow Bring?

Mildish this morning.  But tomorrow we may have winds up to 65 miles per hour.

My blogging friend Sandra, posted a photo of her hand yesterday and it motivated me to take a shot of mine.  I love hands as they tell stories.  This was me this morning.  It's an 80 year old hand that has spent the last 45 years working with horses, cleaning stalls and helped me get all my jobs done.  After chores, my hands are usually dirty and the bathroom sink shows it.  How about all those wrinkles?  Fortunately my ring still fits.  About that ring....I had a gold bracelet and some earrings that I could not wear anymore so I took them to a jeweler and had them melted down to make this.

Anyway.....it was chores as usual.



I called Finn to see if he would mind doing a little extra work this morning as I wanted to get ahead on shavings and grain while Gary was still unable to move it.  As per usual....he said "of course, Nanna."  I love it when he says that!  Had to leave Little Wonder home as there was nowhere for him to sit in the car once I had it loaded with 8 bags of shavings and two bags of grain.  Before leaving, I did some laundry and made the bed.  It will be so snuggie when it's time to crawl in.


Cooper came up with Finn and Gary gave them directions.  It took them no time at all.





Some of the snow melted and we just might get some rain along with the wind tomorrow.  Have a feeling that the boys will be spending some time inside.







Leftover sloppy Joes and a salad for dinner.


By the way....the Bills beat the Dolphins last night in another nail biter.  What a team.
They got back to Buffalo (from Florida) at 4am and hundreds of fans were waiting for them at the airport.  Onward!!!
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like hand pictures too. I have one with me holding my moms hand in the hospital as well as my mother in laws. For some reason a couple years ago I wanted those pictures for some reason and now I am glad I did. Let’s hope we all have power tomorrow night when the winds blow through. Kathy

Sandra said...

How lucky your ring still fits. As you saw in my photo, my wedding ring won't even fit on the pinky finger. Weight, arthritis and time....ah well. I will say that is not a bad looking 80 year old hand.

Those young men are such a treasure.