Followers

Friday, January 26, 2024

Swamped

Fog and flood warnings for Brockport.

I sure did not expect this when I went out to the barn!  So much mud and water!
There is a little pond in the front paddock too.

Little Wonder got wet this morning.


I had bridge here today so we worked on the house after chores and I got a few snacks ready.
This was the dessert part.  A brownie pie with butter cream frosting and candied walnuts.




The ponies must have rolled in the indoor after getting wet, as they were filthy and their sheets and necks had to be cleaned up.
This is how the pasture looks tonight.  I wonder how long it will take for this water to get absorbed?

Not cooking.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

I would not cook either after all that water in the paddocks.DT, the latest news, how deep are his pockets?Hope he is forced to pay out.

Val Ewing said...

Sure looks wet. I imagine we may be wet under all that melting snow here too! Mud, snow, and fog right now. It is an interesting weather pattern all right.

Sandra said...

We didn't have much snow so we are just muddy, not flooded. This is a bit concerting. The brownie pie looks delicious!