Followers

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

A Ride For Little Wonder

I might as well say the same thing on every post.  Another dreary day....blah blah blah.  At least it was above freezing.


Crazy.  I am still riding my trike and it's January.
After chores Little Wonder and I took a ride down to the bank.  He sure can't wait to get in the car.


Ate lunch and then we all took it easy.  Gary got in a couple of good naps today....I think his body just wants him to rest.


Can you see that pot hanging above the fire in the wood stove?  Every day we have to put more water in it as it is our new humidifier!  Thank you Hanny for the suggestion.  I have it hanging down with a dog leash, which is attached to a hook in the mantel.  Too bad it took us so long to figure this out.  The wood stove in our living room is free standing, so we would always keep a pot of water on the top.  Now, we just keep the stove in the kitchen going during much of the day.
It was a little spritzy when I went out for evening chores.  Finn was up earlier for water/wheelbarrow duty.



I had great intentions regarding dinner....chicken in gravy with mashed potatoes.  Nope, that didn't happen.  Instead I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza from Weggie's.


Still cooling it.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Charlie loves it when I give him a ride to park the car in a different spot or use it to go get the mail on the ridge. He is allowed to sit in my lap and help steer on those occasions. I wonder why dogs love car rides so much?

Sandra said...

You and Gary have been through the ringer. You both need to get as much rest as you can. We are like your weather, dreary and no snow. It gets old. I also faded out on dinner last evening. Mark made himself eggs and I had some crackers and cheese. Just not feeling chipper.