Followers

Saturday, January 20, 2024

The Souper Bowl

Another arctic day in the mid teens.





More shoveling.

At 10:45 Gary dropped me off at the Rec Center as I was a server and the photographer for the 
Souper Bowl.  For several years the Senior Association has done this for a fundraiser.  Today there were 15 soups donated by different restaurants and for $6 you could buy a ticket and try them all (if you were not too full).  In addition to the soup you were given a bag holding a roll, spoon, napkin, bottle of water and an apple.

The kitchen crew worked the hardest!!!
At 11 am people started coming in and the place was packed.







There were so many delicious soups!  Here are just a few.








Hello Connie!
Gary arrived around noon and that's when I went off duty so we could eat together.  Such a great social event for our community!


As soon as we got home I had to start on our Christmas dinner.  Finally. Jenny, Finn, Coop and Scott were joining us as we missed Christmas due to Covid.  First I made gingerbread cupcakes and rice pudding.  Gary cooked the korv (Swedish sausage) and we got everything ready to make potato pancakes before I went out to tuck in the boys.




I made a ton of potato pancakes!!!

Jenny brought Swedish meatballs and a salad with pears.  We really chowed down!




I think we all needed a nap after dinner.  They left by 8 and I need to crash.
Night all.

 

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I am crazy about you dining room! I'm so glad you finally got your Scandinavian Christmas. Everyone looks well sated. You do live in a fantastic community.