Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Oh My Aching Back

I have definately been doing too much and I sure can feel it.

Could not sleep and was up before 6 stripping the bed, doing laundry, making beet pulp, feeding LW and the cats and crashing until it was time to go out.
By then, the sky was really looking good.
While the horses were eating their grain, I went upstairs in the barn as Sidney goes there even in this cold weather (he spends most of the day and night in the house).  I forgot that there was a little cat cubicle up there....and he was in it.
I did make him an igloo out of hay bales, so now he has two options.
Fed the boys in the front paddock so they would catch some sun.  It was about 3 degrees and went up to 19.


We had a rehearsal this afternoon...still acoustic.

My current favorite band is "The Brothers Comatose" and today we listened to their song "Morning Time" so we can learn it.  It's time to add some new music.

Finn brought three friends along when he came up to do the water and wheelbarrow.  So sweet.  He had some carrots and took his pals out to meet Rebel and Buddy.
The wind kicked up mid afternoon and is was so cold for evening chores.


Below is the front door to Gary's barn.  I just noticed he put up the Valkommen sign.
Tonight we had BLTs and roasted potato for dinner....keeping it simple.
Night all.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly cat wanting to be outside in the cold when he has a warm cozy fire inside to be near. Glad he’s safe at night. It’s good young people appreciate the beauty of animals and know as humans they must help care for them too. Kathy

Sandra said...

You have sort of dived in since you started feeling better. Should I admit I haven't seen 6am for a few years? The barn boys always want to go outside around 2am. They can't get into the barn, but the loft has a small opening in the door for them. They have cubbies and lots of hay. They make a fuss until I let them out, so it's what they want. Go figure. I bet the young men enjoyed seeing the horses.

Val Ewing said...

Sounds like you finally passed into feeling much better! Awesome!