Followers

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Scrumptious Green Grass Hay...At Last

What a day.  Sunny.  Near 50 degrees.



A little before noon our friend Jerry brought us 50 bales of spectacular hay that he picked up in Wyoming, down near Warsaw.
Janet's friend, Marci, brought her son Jackson along to help stack.





Gary, Jerry and moi.....we are all 79 years old and can't believe we are still doing this!

With so many people, it was put away in 15 minutes.  Very grateful to have help. Jackson was a dynamo.
Turkey salad sandwiches for lunch.  Almost all gone....I can't wait.
Little Wonder and I took it easy while Gary worked on a garden and got rid of the remaining mulch.


Started on dinner and went out to do chores a little before 5.
Rebel was a disaster....covered in dry mud.



We could not be happier with the hay and hope to get 50 more bales.
I took the remaining mashed potatoes and mixed them with fried onions and cheddar cheese.  Fried them and they browned, but were still mushy....(delicious tho).
Served them with breaded boneless pork chops, a salad and pickled beets.  So good.
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Potato cakes, are what I call them. so tasty. Green hay, I can imagine that wonderful aroma, and you are all troopers at 79, having the others to help makes a huge difference. at 82 and 85, we, down here, are both so thankful for the help we get.

Sandra said...

When Mark says he's getting too old for this, I pull you and Gary out of my hat. I do! I haven't had much turkey leftovers except in a sandwich. I'm going to heat turkey in gravy and put it over the remaining potatoes and dressing for dinner. A green salad will help cut through the heaviness. The rest I'll use in soup.