Followers

Friday, November 18, 2022

Forgot to Take Photos

Very cold this morning.  in the high 20s with some strong wind and a little snow on the ground.  The water trough was frozen and the heater was dead.  The temperature gave me an excuse to put on the new blankets I got for Rebel and Seamus.  Rebel's fit perfectly and the one I got for Seamus was WAY TO BIG.  As soon as Gary got home from coffee I went down to Tractor Supply and got a new heater.  He and Janet cleaned my stalls while I was gone....that was nice.  Prior to that I was having a fit.





I love the closed front on Rebel's blanket....fits so much better.
Got back in the house....packed up the too big blanket....got the shipping info from Schneiders and went to Brockport to ship it back.  It's a pain in the butt when you can't try them on.  Seamus only weighs about 400 pounds but the XL mini blanket is not quite big enough (for me).  This was a size 58 pony blanket it and the front was twice as wide as the little guy's chest!

Fortunately we had a tiny bit of sunshine.

I spent the afternoon by the fire and was not productive in any way.
It felt very cold when I went out for evening chores.

Defrosted some leftover Spanish rice for dinner and we had a delicious salad with mixed greens, shallots, oranges, bananas, craisins and walnuts.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I've been reading about the snow in NW New York. Looks like you aren't getting a pounding, that is good. We have a high of 16 F today, tomorrow 32 F. Go figure! Sometimes sitting by the fire doing nothing but sitting by the fire is productive. It's restful and we all need that.