Followers

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Leaves

Another gloomy start that ended up being a gorgeous day.







By the time I got back in the house after chores the sun was beaming into the kitchen.
Another new hibiscus blossom made the scene.
I got a call from the Highway Department saying they were going to drop off a dump truck full of leaves for Gary to put on his garlic.  They were here within 10 minutes.


This afternoon I started filling up 4 wheelbarrows and Gary dumped them.
Then, this insane person went up on the porch roof to work on the chimney.  The last place he should be.
His buddy, Sophie, stayed tuned.


After two nights of corn chowder I decided to do something different.  Italian sausage with peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes (all from our garden).
Made a little pasta and put everything in the oven while I went out for evening chores.


The ponies rolled before getting tucked in.


So simple and so good.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Sounds like you are having a nice fall!

Nancy J said...

On the roof??? Hugh has been told by his Dr, to NEVER go up a ladder again. Maybe I could ask our GP to give Gary a call? Well, I am guessing that's who it is up there. Leaf mulch, what a bonus for the garlic beds.