Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

At Last...Catching a Break



 A very bright morning....
but last night we had a very hard frost.  26 degrees.
 Fortunately it warmed up quickly and 






 I decided to take the blankets off the horses before finishing chores.
They were very happy to be naked and
Rebel took off like a wild boy.



 The light was beautiful.
 A friend stopped over around 10 to pick up some rhubarb...
 and we social distanced on the deck by the studio.
Very nice to have a conversation with someone.
 I was shocked that the cherry blossoms were not frozen.

 When Jan left I started mowing the lawn.
So motivated when we have a day like this.




 Late afternoon I started on dinner.
Made a big bowl of chicken salad...
 apples, grapes, celery, craisins and walnuts
 Gary had a conference call meeting from 5-7 so the pups 
and I took it easy....




 and I decided to go for a trike ride.
 Here I am on my way home.....
riding down LaDue Road....almost to Lake
(which, as you will hear....is very busy).
You can see our farm from the corner.
I would love to see videos of your homes....
Time for me to do some virtual traveling.





 Dinner was Divine!
 Nancy and Tom stopped over to pick up some rhubarb earlier
and dropped off homemade banana bread...perfect on the side.
 Loving that late afternoon sun.





PS

Today is Ariana's 22nd Birthday.
Daniela asked us to make a video last night, as she and
a friend were putting together something for her sister.
Gary and I did this quickie and could hardly
get through it.  Can't wait to see what they produced.
(We had nothing to do with the picture falling at the end).

While she and Daniela were growing up
they would come to the farm for a few weeks each summer.
Ariana was very comfortable around the horses!





Now she's all grown up and graduated from Boise State a few days ago!
Happy Birthday pretty girl!

1 comment:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

That’s cold! Do you normally get freezing temps this late? Our last frost is usually around the 1st of May.