Followers

Friday, May 29, 2020

And The Rains Came....









 Two times today we had some serious rain and it 
is still going on.
 Other than going to Wegmans I was not very ambitious.
 Made bean salad.





 Before eating I took the dogs out.  They both seemed
normal and then Phoebe was on her back screaming.
I went over to her and almost thought she was gone.
It had to have been a seizure.  After petting her for a few 
minutes she was more alert and eventually sat up.
We walked back to the house and she came in to eat all of 
her dinner which included a little chicken.
Gary and I had sweet potato salad...
 roasted chicken....(Wegmans)
 and corn on the cob for our dinner.
 Another picnic.
The temperature has dropped, the windows are
open and it's going to be a good night for sleeping.

Phoebe is right behind me and seems to be back to normal.

Night all.

PS
To my friends who live outside the US,
I just want you to know that things are
so out of balance here.   Between the 
virus, the tragic death in Minnesota and
the outrageous communication from our
President...we must look ridiculous to you.
I know that it is harder to keep my mouth
shut and find it very interesting that more
people are not sticking up for what is right
and decent.  It's time for a gigantic change.
So disappointed in so many.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Did Phoebe get a sting or walk on a thistle? Yes, I agree, US is out of control, huge sadness and violence, I know we as an individual cannot do much to change the way it all is right now, but to love family, have friends, and share world wide with blog friends is the way to keep and strengthen our resolve to make the world a better place, as much as we can in a limited way. Stay strong, Lori, you have values and principles that are steadfast in this changing time. XXX from a cool day down here.

Val Ewing said...

I hope Phoebe is okay! I'm catching up. Yesterday the news was so overwhelming that I left my cell phone turned off, and all other devices turned off. I know that doesn't solve anything, but I needed to just have some peace.
It is time for a change in our country.
I am saddened.