Followers

Monday, May 4, 2020

30 Degrees Colder Than Yesterday

A little misty when the pups and I went out to the barn.



 A 180 from yesterday.



 After lunch I worked on dinner.
Did another 40s jello thing.
This time mandarin oranges, grated carrots and walnuts.
Why not?

By then, the wind kicked up and it was so raw outside.

 Must have felt like the 30s.

I have been having trouble with my iPad and ended up spending
an hour and a half getting help from Apple.  Everything is fine
now, but it took forever.  Excellent service and while we were 
waiting for everything to reload I had quite a conversation with
the young man who was assisting me.  From Mass.  Plays the guitar.
We like a lot of the same music.

Fortunately the sun came out by late afternoon.



 When Karen arrived, I went out and groomed Berlin and
 Rebel so I could put their blankets on.

 We have a frost warning for tonight, so I picked some tulips.

 Gary had already picked more daffodils, so I put them on the 
table in the library.

 As soon as the tulips warmed up they started to open.
At 5pm the light was spectacular.




 So we had this weird dinner.
The jello....
and I had to mash up a ripe avocado (which I mixed with sour cream and salsa)
that we spread on toasted English muffins....
 and chicken soup.
(Excellent flavors, but not a combo I would serve to company.
Are we ever going to have company for dinner again?)
I need to make avocado toast more often.
 After dinner I work on my journal post in the library.
A few minutes ago, the sun was lighting up the daffs
I had put on the table earlier.


 I really hope we don't have a freeze.


Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

We have had heavy rain, and the fire is lit, love your golden daffs, and tulips, my bulbs are waiting to be planted, NOT today.What a drop in the temperature, I thought you would be having a lot warmer days now.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, I'll have to try the avocado mixture on toast. Sound--and looks--yummy. By the way, we've communicated before that one of the cats with whom you live reminds me of Dulcy. Today, I really saw the tiger and that cat reminds me of Noah with whom I lived in Stillwater, Mn. So sweet. Peace.