Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Starring Rebel...

A cool start to the morning, but this afternoon was gorgeous.








 When I got out to the barn,Berlin presented me 
with a discharge coming out of both nostrils.
I went to the house to get some warm water and a thermometer
then proceeded to try and catch her.  She trotted around for over 5 minutes
and I was finally able to get a halter on and put her in the grooming room.

The gunk was very smelly.  She had no temperature, had eaten last
night and this morning, was clear eyed and dropped manure when I 
put her in the stall.
 Got her all cleaned up and 
 turned her back out.
Cleaned her again at 1:30 and 3:30.  Each time there was less discharge.
A new blossom snuck up on me.






 At 2pm we had another family zoomfest.
 Always good to see everyone.

 Gary worked outside and picked new flowers for our kitchen table.
 I took the sheets off the horses mid afternoon and the light was spectacular.
 I could not stop taking photos.




















 Around 4 I decided to go for a trike ride.

 About 4 miles today.
Part of the time it was very sunny and it felt great.

 Back home in time to 
 start dinner.
We had a major load of apples, so I decided to make a rustic tart.


 I hope it tastes as good as it looks.
During evening chore duty I cleaned Berlins nostrils again.
There was no discharge and I gave her some benedryl.



 We did not have a fancy Easter dinner.
Baked potatoes, Korv (Swedish sausage Gary and Randy made)
 Leftover coleslaw and a taste of homemade applesauce that was dropped
of the other day when a friend came to get manure for his gardens.
 The temperature could hit 70 tomorrow and we are 
going to have very high winds....50-65 miles per hour.
Stay well friends!
Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Berlin, this is not a good time to have any health problem at all.A friend and a family member have both had feline troubles, both needed a vet visit, not the way to go over a long weekend and extra high fees b. Both cats OK so far, and they live about 5 hours apart!!! Definitely no0t a contact problem. We have rain, wind and it is cool. Take care up there, love the golden daffs, and sunshine.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I hope Berlin feels better!

I have to confess, for as long as I can remember, I have been afraid of horses. But it has never kept me from admiring them from a distance, and your photos and video are why. And I'll add that several years ago, I used to take the dogs to an indoor swim center, for "swim therapy" at a place where horses would swim too - I LOVED watching them, they were incredible to see!