Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

INTRODUCING MARY ANN....

Today was a little different. After I did morning chores, I drove over to Holley to take some photographs and start a new blog for a local artist. She has accumulated many pieces of her work and would like to find new homes for them...what better way than to have exposure all over the world.

I would like to introduce Mary Ann. Her husband (who has since passed away) used to teach at the college at Brockport and Gary and I have known them since the late 60's. For many years she painted in oils (there is an example below), showing in many area galleries. About 10 years ago she began working with silk, producing quilts, bags, pillows, wall hangings etc.. This morning she showed me one of her latest projects....a wrap of silk lined with velvet.

I am in awe of her color choices and the quality of her work.

Here is an example of one of her paintings.

This piece is about 4x6 inches and is actually on a card that you could mail to a very special someone. (It is now mine).

This square is one of a series of five.

Many years ago, she put hundreds of hours into this wall hanging that you can read about on her new site....SILK ATTRACTION (see my links).

Her home is surrounded by a park like setting...

On my way home I drove down another of our country roads. Quiet and peaceful.

Gucci....where are you????

I worked Abbe for a short time and then did evening chores.

The temperature was a little over 70 today...perfect for me. Bright, not too hot...

The horses were enjoying the coolness.

Now it is 11:09 and I have to go put them in for the duration. Night all.

4 comments:

Mary Olson said...

You're right, the color combinations are beautiful. I've been enjoying the cooler summer too, but it's going to get hot and humid this weekend. I'll have to get up early to beat the heat.

Anonymous said...

Your place takes my breath away. It really does. (Just don't let my horse know this is how the other half lives.)

I covet the blue & lilac quilt.

photogchic said...

Quite the crafty gal! Lovely stuff...I love to quilt...just hit the fabric store today. Excited to get going on it...use Mary Ann as my muse:-)

Unknown said...

Lovely looking country lane Lori. Nice to know we don't have a monopoly of them over here.