Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DOWN ON THE FARM...

A coolish morning...I have chores down to a science for 5 and was done by 8:30.

We had a little rain while I was out doing a couple of errands,

but the horses were very content to be out on grass.

As per usual, they all were facing the same direction....

Why do they do that?

Gucci and Phoebe must think there is something good in the pasture too.

Here are the Skoog Farm loyal pests...they continue to go into the indoor and make a mess.

Tina, our very thoughtful friend, gave Gary this plant when he had his car accident in May. At the time it had beautiful blossoms.

Yesterday it started to bloom again.

At 2 she came over to help me get Abbe hooked to her own cart.

The line driving went pretty well, but when she was hooked that changed. Got through it and went back to line driving before we quit. Almost all the problems stem from my goofs.

The late afternoon turned bright with clouds out of the movies.

Gary planted the Hydrangea Tina brought us in memory of Target. It's in the back yard so we can see it all the time. What a friend!

Trina did chores tonight so I had a relaxed evening.

Made some vegetarian pasta with a nice big salad. Simple and yummy.

When I took the masks off, the light was beautiful in the pasture.

The horses go out there before they head into the indoor.

I have to say that I am looking forward to cooler weather.

The bugs love PC and he did some serious rolling in the front paddock to get in some good itching.

Tonight I am going to call it quits early. Night all!

4 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

What a great post! I felt like I spent the day at your farm:)

Brenda's Arizona said...

Lori, what do the masks do for the horses? I see a lot of horses here in Arizona with masks on - is it for sunlight protection?

Thanks for your blog. I so enjoy it every day.
-Brenda

Pat said...

Three and a half hours of chores?!! Wow, and you have it down to a scienc! You work very hard. The colors of your property and the sky are pristinely beautiful.

Gayle said...

The reindeer at the University all face the same direction as well and I've always wondered about it. Maybe it has something to do with the sun or wind.