Followers

Friday, August 7, 2009

AND TODAY.....

Up and at 'um. Look at the clean, picked pasture! Very exciting don't you think?

Chores as usual...horses out in the big pasture...low 60s.

Hey Phoebe...I'm over here...in the pasture.

When I finished working in the barn, I drove over to my friend Sandy's to pick up a harness that was left there for me. Yes....another harness. This is the third one.

The horses in the photos above and below belong to the woman selling the harness. They are at Sandy's for the summer as she has an overabundance of grass.



Normally, there are only two horses.

Sandy is one of my art students and you have seen a lot of her work.

On my way home, I traveled all back roads. This is what I saw.

Lots of corn....

Green beans...

more corn...

Where Euler Road changes to Covell (at the stop sign)...I don't get why they do this....

One of the most beautiful homes in this area.

Proceeding down Covell....

Katie's horses. This is a dream setting.

Here is the harness...all dusty and dirty...

It took me awhile to get it cleaned up...

Abbe stood in cross ties for about 40 minutes while I made adjustments....

I think she likes it! Today she was a very good girl.

Around 4 Darrin came to the farm to work with Winnie. Andrea (trainer) has suggested an English hackamore and I agree. Winnie was great...very relaxed and responsive. We'll see how she is in her lesson tomorrow. Abbe has one too, and I sure hope she gets hooked. I am going to bring my cart home afterward so I can clean it up and start getting it refinished..

After evening chores all the ponies headed out to the pasture.

Went in the house for dinner and made a quick trip to Wegmans to pick up some Dawn so Gary can do the dishes.

I'm trying to do this earlier so I don't fall asleep. Night all!

3 comments:

Mary Olson said...

I picked out my muddy paddock today. Always heavier and tougher when it's wet but I'm not complaining. The rain was badly needed. I'm hoping we get more tonight. Your pastures look great! And yes, there's lots of corn here too.

Unknown said...

That is a lovely home, Lori. I have seen very similar ones in Sweden. Your area appears to have a strong Swedish influence.

Gayle said...

I love all the photos of the farmland. What a beautiful place to live.