Followers

Friday, January 30, 2009

THERE WAS SNOW, AND THEN THERE WAS SNOW...AND MORE SNOW

The horses do not seem to mind the weather as long as their hay is available.
From Death Valley to the Arctic Circle.

Reality set in and Gary picked up his shovel.

Phoebe made an entrance and ran around like a wild child...."I wonder what Sheba would think about all this white stuff..."  "It sure doesn't feel like the sand at Istar's Ark."



Once again, we shoveled the entire driveway.

Ariana...your tunnel is under this snow pile.  It is now as tall as you are.

Picnic anyone???

This afternoon I want over to my friend Kendra's house so she could help me make some cushions for the stools in our kitchen.  While I was there she showed me these beautiful blocks she has made for her grandaughter.  So clever.  When she spells her full name on the front, the letters on the back say I love mama + papa.


After we (as in mostly Kendra) put together the six cushions, we worked on refreshing a blog that Kendra started last year.  I could do that all day long....


Here are the end products....



It started snowing during morning chores, was snowing again during evening chores, and then again when we were about ready to go down to the village. 

2 comments:

restoration42 said...

Just when I start thinking I'm brave to face the elements at Freshwater Stable I visit you Lori and see the mounds of snow you must face just to walk to your barn. Hear that HISSSSSSSSING sound? The sound of my overinflated self-opinion shrinking down to a reasonable size, lol.

Cherie

Gayle said...

I bet Gary didn't miss that!! You've have to share a close-up of the cushions. I'm curious to see what you made.