Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

CHILLY WILLY....

This morning it was -1 when I went out to the barn....

Fortunately the sun was present... it makes all the difference.




By about 9am it fills the front paddock and the horses can catch a break from the cold.  It definately has an impact on the water trough.  I am keeping it half covered with a piece of plywood so the heater does not have to work so hard.




Ariana was up and out this morning with a shovel in her hand.  She is so self motivated!

Daniela, on the other hand, does not go for the snow.  She would rather stay inside and cuddle with Phoebe or read a book.  Every single day she reads out loud and I am very impressed...she is just 6 and can read anything.

Ariana completed her tunnel in the snow.  When I got home from an appointment this afternoon I could hear her saying "Hey Nanna" but I could not see her.  Of course you know where she was.


 I stopped at the Senior Center and bought 5 sets of hats and mittens for the girls, boys and Jenny.  A friend there made over 150 sets this winter.




While Daniela and Phoebe "relaxed"....

Ariana helped with dinner by making the cornbread (Johnny Cake)...

Tonight we had BBQued Country ribs, pilaf, corn, coleslaw (with apples, carrots, green peppers and pineapple) and Ariana's Cornbread.  Yum.
Both girls wanted to go out to the barn with me tonight.  I had so much stuff we needed 2 sleds.
Beet pulp, soaked hay cubes and lots of hot water.
After dinner....down to Jenny's for an overnight.  Nanna and Grampa have the night off.

4 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Lori Hay!!!
Wow it is massively cold there! How do you do it? I tell ya...our 2 week stint(and it only got to 19 coldest) just about wiped us out over here in Oregon!

Thoose girls are the sweetest things and yummy....it is dinner time for me here and now I want some Hush puupies!
KK

allhorsestuff said...

PS...On your "Blogs I read" How do you get the nice "picture blog" setting?
I Like it so much more than what I have...just post titles.
KK

CoyoteFe said...

Your morning photos are terrific, and your grandbaby's are gems. I have developed a sense that Lori's World is strenuous, demanding and full of love, joy, awareness and blessings galore.

Gayle said...

I love the 5th shot down of the fence. The hats and mittens are great. I love to knit, but do not know how to make those. I'm with Daniela, I'd rather be snuggling on the couch, too! :)