Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

CAT TALES...

I have been trying to get Bermuda used to being in the house...he lasts for just a few minutes and meows the entire time wanting to out.


Before you know it, he is back at the door.  For the heck of it, last night I opened the cellar door about 10:30 to check on him and because it was going to be extremely cold I pulled the door shut to lock him in for the night.  This morning when I went to feed him, every bit of his food was gone (he gets dry and moist).  When I filled his dishes, I noticed there was another cat at the bottom of the stairs.  He is a tabby with no tail and I have found him in the loft of the barn several times over the past two years.  We refer to him as Thor.  Anyway, Thor must intimidate Bermuda.  Because the sun was out by mid morning, I fixed the door so both cats could go out if they wanted to.

After chores, I looked out the window and there was Bermuda in the driveway walking toward the house.

He has never come to a call, but this time he thought about coming in the kitchen door.

If Phoebe hadn't peeked out, he might have made it.  I managed to grab him before he jumped over the fence and brought him into the kitchen for the length of time it took him to walk over to the back door.  He just might be getting ready to spend more time in the house.  Please note, that this cat has never approached people the entire time I have had him (15 years).  Since he has been spending more time in the basement, he will now let me pet and brush him.  All of this information is for Fe, who thinks Bermuda is an ok cat.

2 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

Thank you Lori!

I love hearing about Bermuda (who is more than OK in my book). If I was not loathed to interfere with B's karma, I would have a few words with Thor. Ha!

Got a pic of him?

Gayle said...

Cats are interesting animals. So very independent and then so needy all wrapped up into one. We do not have cats...they would kill my husband...but at one point in my life I had five. I steer clear of them now.