Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Ripple

Talk about a l  o  n  g  nap!  I went to bed late and woke up at 5, worried that I would not be ready to do chores, take a shower and have everything done by 8.  We had a gig at the LeRoy Farm Market and by this afternoon I needed some sleep....almost 3 hours!  Yikes.


I was in the barn by 6:30 and finished up by 7:30.
Grabbed a shower and was ready to roll when Lori arrived.  Packed all my gear in the car and we were off. 


So glad I wore a sweater, as we were in the shade and it was downright chilly.  By 9:30 we were set up and ready to play.  Below....our first audience!

When we are playing outside, it is difficult to get a good recording unless someone in the audience is doing it.  So off when I try.


The highlight of my day was these women!  The were working a booth for the Garden Club and were located right next to us.  We would catch them singing along and at the end of our set, asked if we knew the song "Ripple."  We played it and looked over....they were holding these little jeweled stick things like mikes and were singing facing the street.  What a gas!  I had them come over so I could take a few photos.  Such great sports!



Back home around 1 and was totally ready for a nap.

When I came to, I made a couple of Naan bread pizzas for dinner.  We had no sauce so I concocted up a new version.  Sautéed onions, peppers and tomatoes, then added a little spinach from our garden....finally, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.

They were really good and I sure don't have to worry about having pizza sauce.

It was a beautiful evening, so I did not tuck the boys in until 8:30.





Night all.


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Those early wake ups are a real nuisance, but the venue, the ladies who joined in, what a day you had.

Sandra said...

The three women are priceless!! It was a blessing to have a cool day when you have to be outside.