Followers

Friday, June 28, 2024

Not Again!

A beautiful day....may rain tonight.










This morning Rebel seemed a little off on his front right and by the time I finished mowing the pastures it was worse.






Finished around noon.


I took a break and then went back out to soak and wrap him. Had left the grooming room door open while I went to the other barn and when I got back each sweet boy was in a stall!  That was handy.  They must have thought it was going to be a spa day.

Bending over to soak and wrap him really does a number on my old back....but it was necessary.

Finished a little after 3, took a quick shower and we went down to the Morgan Manning House to celebrate the life of Sarah W.  We were neighbors when the kids were little and now the grandkids are all grown up






Gary and I both took naps when we got home and I went out for chores a little after 8

Rebel gimped into his stall and I gave him some bute.  Hope we can get a grip on this sooner than later.
Now!  About the debate last night....

A very sad commentary on our options for President.  Trump was his usual outrageous self and Biden was so off.  He tried to get an awful lot of  information in so fast he kept screwing things up and sure looked like he was whipped.  Trump did not know how to answer a question and was full of lies.  He does not deserve to be President no matter who his opponent is.  After all the newspaper headlines and commentaries full of panic....I saw a long clip of Biden in North Carolina (after the debate) and he was back to his normal self.  He said he was old, but he always told the truth and was confident he could carry on.  It's going to take a very strong effort to convince people he can do this, but it just might happen.  If he and Trump are the two candidates, this country is going to have to think long and hard about what the future is going to bring.  Once again, we are in deep tapioca.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

The sago pudding is indeed crater depth!!! Hope the boy's foot is a lot better tomorrow.

Val Ewing said...

I did watch Biden's speech in NC and felt good again about him. Yep, he is old, but he tells the truth and feels that our nation is not a Rat's Nest. He is positive and not a lying negative person who whines.
I'll choose an old honest character any day over a lying narcissist.

I'm not going to panic.

And.
I hope Rebel's foot feels better.
Mica did this off and on for over 3 months and finally we found that she had an abscesses in her frog and heel bulb and one that traveled through her hoof and that we could not see. I'm not saying this is Rebel's issue, just commenting on how difficult it was to find Mica's issue.

:)

Sandra said...

I'm an outsider on this. I don't feel his rally means he's back on his game. But, I guess it doesn't matter, I'll vote for him anyway. I'd vote for my cat over the orange beast.

Poor rebel. May he be better soon.