Followers

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Low Bridge High Water

Going 100 mph this morning as I had to do chores, take a shower and be down at the Welcome Center (Erie Canal) by 10am as we were the first band on tap.




What a morning!  First of all it was extremely windy....then we had some problems with our sound system and it took so long to trouble shoot we had no time for sound checks or a warm up.

On top of that, a few glitches happened along the way.  Yikes!  Not my favorite performance.


Fortunately the weather was gorgeous and it was well attended for a change.
They had hot dogs, strawberry shortcake, free use of kayaks, native plant sales and more.
I see you Hanny....

When we were finished I ran home to feed Little Wonder and on my way back, picked up Jenny.
She and Scott were washing his boat in her driveway.

I wanted to listen to the last band....think they were called HEARTSTRINGS.
All were Brockport High School students and the majority of them played ukuleles and guitars.  Also had percussion and a keyboard and I believe they were led by one of the music teachers.

If they had this when I was in HS I would have jumped on it.  I want to go play with them sometime!







Back home late afternoon and watched a movie with Little Wonder.  It was called Under Paris and I sure did not expect the subject matter.  Scary!  Weird!
Got the boys in for the night.





And that's a wrap.
Night all.



 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Another great event, the young ones have so many opportunities and options now.At that age I was probably driving the tractor on Dad's farm, or milking the cows at the weekend, nothing quite so exciting or wonderful.

Sandra said...

You had a busy day! Too bad about the glitches, but they do happen. I hope you do get to play music with the HS kids, that would be fun.