Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Chris Wilson Does It Again!

A crazy day.  Started out grey and in the 30s....went up to 56 and the sun came out.




After chores I raked the indoor as Janet was having a lesson at 11:30.
Little Wonder assisted again.


At 3pm the second concert for Winter Serenades was being held at St. Lukes.

Gar hosted....
and Brockport's own Chris Wilson was the featured artist.
We re so fortunate that he still calls this home.  I took a lot of videos and will try to post as many as I can, as he will dazzle you.
He wrote the song below in 2004 and was leaving home.  Lake Road, is the road we live on.


Now this was different!   A local music store gave him a 3 string cigar box guitar to try out and he got into the blues, messing around with lyrics from a conversation he was having with his 10 year old daughter while they were at Taco Bell.  I wish I could post the long version that preceded this....
My favorite song today was "If I Only Had A Brain."  I love his arrangements.
The same with this song.  He puts such a good spin on them.
When Chris takes requests he always squeezes this one in for me (Blues Brothers).
Got home at 5:30 just in time to tuck in the ponies.







Of course they are muddy!
Night all.



 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Hi Lori, thank you SO much for caring and asking if we are safe amid Cyclone Gabrielle , we are, Love the music and a wonderful venue,

Sandra said...

I will pull your blog up on my phone so I can hear the music. LW is a perfect assistant, cute and sweet. Looks like Seamus wins the day again!