Followers

Saturday, February 11, 2023

A New Bass

It took long time, but the sun finally appeared.  32-34 degrees most of the day with a light covering of snow.











Around 11:30 Gary and I drove into Rochester as I wanted to look at a
Baritone Bass Ukulele at Bernunzios.

This is like going into a candy store for musicians!

Several years ago I would go in there for uke jams, presented by one of the members of the Rochester Ukulele Orchestra (Randy).  Around 100 of us went on a cruise once.  What a gas, listening to that many people playing ukes.
You name it....they've got it.


I ended up buying this one, a new strap and a longer cord that leads to my amp.  A young man from the Eastman School helped me, and he just happened to be a bass player.  Got some very good advice....came home and started looking at tutorials.  I know absolutely nothing about playing this instrument so it should be pretty interesting!  Hopefully my bass playing friend, Doug, and a couple of my uke pals will give me some hot tips.
Before going home we stopped at the Highland Dinner for lunch.  So classic.  You feel like you are in New York City when you are there.



It was gorgeous when Little Wonder and I went out for evening chores.









Seamus always finds me in the feed room, looking for a cookie.

It may be around 62 on Wednesday!  Can't imagine what that feels like.
Night all.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

A music shop, like when I find batik fabrics !!! Gary, must be cold when you are wrapped up with a scarf too. Happy days Lori, the new one looks like it will be a treasure.

Val Ewing said...

Nice and congrats on the instrument!

We reached the 40's here and will have rain on Tuesday. That is fine, it is the February Thaw time here. Then we generally go into another deep freeze and have lots of ice to contend with.

Enjoy the weather!

Sandra said...

Wow, congrats on the uke! Let the fun begin.