Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2022

We Have Puddles

The weather reports were right!  Rain this morning and rain this afternoon....a major downpour.  It feels like even more is on the way.



The ponies were loving it.



It cleared up pretty quickly and I ended up going down to the Farm Market.


Came home with plums, a couple red peppers, some peach seconds and pumpkin seeds for Gary.



Seeing that a couple of the peaches were very ripe I decided to make peach muffins.


Got the batter ready and changed my mind.  Put it in a pie plate instead.




It looked gorgeous when I took it out of the oven, but I think there was too much peach juice that ended up in the middle with the yogurt.
Around 4:30 it was raining like crazy.
Janet and all three horses were very happy under the shed roof and I put out some hay.




Little Wonder wanted to go with me....I had an umbrella and he got soaked, so he went back to the porch.



Just before evening chores it cleared up and I got a call from Janet.   The horses were running around and
Rebel totally lost his footing in the mud and went down on his side.  Fortunately he got back up and seemed ok, but he is going to feel it.  Gave him a little bute with his feed.

No big dinner tonight.  Every man for himself.
Little Wonder and I had poached eggs.
Gary loved the peach muffin pie.
Night all.

PS
Steph and Bandit got back to Kansas City around 6pm our time....happy to be home.
Scott drove up to her camp and came back with a trailer full.  A long drive for one day and I'm sure he is ready to go to bed.  We were gifted an air conditioner and a John Deere lawn tractor.....Thank you very much Steph and Joe....and Scott for delivering!




 

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

L W, I do not think I have seen you look so miserable. The gifts, not a gift horse but a John Deere, what a treasure!!!