Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Uke Fest



Now this was my favorite kind of weather.....low 70s and not humid.  Before I went out to the barn, Janet delivered me a bag of Birthday cards and gifts....

including this peach tart.  So generous and thoughtful.

Gary also gave me a nice gift certificate to Country Max....my kind of present.







At 10:15 we drove to Rochester as there was a Uke Fest in the Christ Church Garden, organized by Bernunzios( a music store across the street).  Randy, the leader, is part of the Rochester Ukulele Orchestra.




There were only about 20 people there....I was hoping for a bigger crowd.


I sat with the Weingartens, who I met via African Drumming.  They are now both playing ukes and I have not seen them since Covid started. 
Afterward the four of us when out to lunch over at the Village Gate.

We sat outside and all ordered something different.
Avocado toast.
Breakfast sandwich with home fries.
Cobb Salad.
Can't remember the name of this Mexican dish.  At any rate, everything was superb!


Home a little after 3 and Janet was here with friends introducing them to Ronin.

I set her up with a bag of veggies.


I had to call Seamus so he would come in for dinner.






Ours was very simple.  
The first taste of our own potatoes.
So here I am.  79 years old today and I want to thank all the people who have sent birthday wishes.  It means a lot.


Night all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun day to celebrate 79 blessed years of life! Hers to many more years and continued good health.
Kathy

Terra said...

Happy birthday. That Uke concert in a church garden sounds fun, and then having lunch outside with friends, such a good day to celebrate you.

Nancy J said...

My heartfelt birthday wishes to a dear friend so far north, it seems you had a wonderful day, and hope the year ahead will be much of the same. Veges for others , flowers, cards and gifts for you, and much love from down here.

Sandra said...

Wow, never would put you at 79! You are doing something right. I enjoyed the music. You had a good day with friends.