Followers

Friday, August 26, 2022

A Breather....

A strange day.  Nice and cool this morning and showers off and on much of the afternoon.  Did not get any mowing done, but that's ok.









After lunch Little Wonder and I decided it was time for a nap.



I slept like a rock for over an hour and a half (because I stayed up so late last night). Gary went to Brockport and I didn't even know he was gone.  Little Wonder started barking and alerted me that someone was at the door.
It was my good friend (Ma)Donna.  She never forgets my birthday and brought me some cookies and a beautiful hand drawn card.  We sent her home with cucumbers, orange tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and flowers.
After she left I checked in with a childhood friend who also lives on a farm and at our age is still taking care of horses....we talked for over half an hour before I had to go out and do evening chores.  She always remembers my birthday too.  Sweet.  Tomorrow I will be 79.



The Rebel had time for a short snooze before I fed him.



Finn is leaving for his sophomore year at Cortland tomorrow so we went down to see him.  Took food and some veggies for Jen, who was on her way back from Syracuse.
Jen had some beautiful carnations on her table from Scott.
Looking forward to playing at the Ukefest in Rochester tomorrow.
Night all.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday . Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday is a good day! Kathy

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it is filled with lots of fun.

Marcy said...

Happy birthday!