Followers

Friday, November 12, 2021

Stocking Up...

Plenty of sunshine today and in the low 50s.  Too bad rain is on the way.




















After chores I drove down to Wegmans to stock up on some items we use on a regular basis.  Don't know what it's like where you live, but the price of everything is creeping up.  Hopefully we will only be needing bread, milk, butter and veggies. 
Meanwhile back at the ranch....
Gary continued covering the garlic with leaves and I got rid of a lot of bamboo that is near the boulders.
Of course the late afternoon sun was gorgeous



It sure is getting dark early.
Before changing the clocks back an hour, we would eat around 6pm.  Now my brain wants to have dinner ready according to the light.  Tonight we ate around 5:30.  Oh well.  It gives us a nice long evening.  We had the leftover cauliflower casserole with a salad....romaine, apples, craisins, candied walnuts, crumbly blue and a nice dressing.  (And I added cranberry orange relish on the side).
No one can say that we don't eat our share of fruit and veggies.
Time for a nice hot shower and some time in front of the fire.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Down here the positive cases keep on rising, with another one in Taupo, which is about 2.5 hours north of us, 6 cases 2 hours to the west , all getting way too close for me to feel safe. Stocking up, my pantry is SO full, the other shelves are crammed, and I had a haircut.We never know when or if we go into a total lockdown and have to do everything online. The fabric, well I have enough to last for at least ONE year, sewing and quilting non stop!!! Our daughter also stocks up on tucker for her one horse. Love your garden views and the meal at night, guess the daylight hours are shrinking as ours lengthen, and we have a very warm day here. Take care and stay safe, to all the Skoog family up North.

Sandra said...

It's been a very long time since I have visited blogs. I'm really happy to see you are still here! I live in Minnesota so we get dark early, in a couple of weeks it will be dark by 4:00. Your farm looks beautiful as usual.

Val Ewing said...

Yes prices of certain items are rising, but I guess since we just buy milk and fresh fruit at the store right now, it hasn't affected us much. I noticed that gas rose as well as our LP heat which is filled in the fall and spring.

We ignore the clock except for the doctors appointments.

Looks like you stay busy no matter what!