Followers

Monday, November 29, 2021

Polka Kilbasa and Cabbage Soup

The sky was gorgeous this morning and the temperature hovered a little above freezing all day.






There must have been some hunters in the back 40 that caused Angel and Elliott to run in to the front paddock.



Back in the house by 8:30.
A friend posted a photo today....she has a couple of cats who love the Christmas tree so instead of doing the traditional, she hung lights entirely around her living room (just below the ceiling) and attached 6 boxes of ornaments.  It looked gorgeous!  So I sent her a photo of this "mobile" that I have had hanging in our kitchen year round for several years.  I turn on the Twinkie lights during the holidays.

I was more than happy to have an appointment with the massage therapist this afternoon...I was so tight!
When I got back to the farm there was some good light in the kitchen.







I began working on dinner around 3.  The last time I did it in the crock pot, but since I did not have enough time,  started out on the stove top and finished it in the oven,



Onions, cabbage, carrots, Polka Kilbasa and potatoes topped with 4 cups of chicken stock, salt and fresh ground pepper.
Added 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar....then topped with a lid and put it in the oven for a little over an hour.
Served it with fried apples and onions.



Perfect with a slice of pumpernickel bread.
Night all.







 

No comments: