Followers

Monday, November 8, 2021

Ahead by 20 Points!

Foggy this morning but no need for sheets on the ponies.  This afternoon the temperature was 66 degrees!




My old girl actually cantered out to the back pasture with the other horses.  There must have been something going on back there.



When I got back in the house I was shocked to see this gorgeous hibiscus blossom.  Have not seen one on this plant for almost 3 years!  Worth the wait!





A new yellow blossom also arrived.
I went out to rake the arena and then mowed the lawn and mulched some leaves.
Just when I was finishing the front yard a Town Truck showed up with a gigantic load of leaves for Gary to put on his garlic.
It's going to take awhile to move them.




At 1 I went to Brockport to play bridge with Hanny, Lorna and Bobby.

Hanny is a great hostess....


and we were able to play on her enclosed porch overlooking  pond full of geese.

Of course she provided us with a pumpkin roll and
and donuts for dessert (we all picked the pumpkin roll), not to mention dried peaches with almonds at the bridge table.  And some pretzel nuggets...and a variety of drinks.....

Hanny and I ended up with 20 points more than Lorna and Bobby.  So close.
We left around 4:45 and the sun was starting to set.

Almost dark when I got home.
I had marinated a couple pork chops before I went to Hanny's and Gary grilled them for dinner.
Served it with squash, homemade applesauce and cranberry orange relish.  Yum.
Night all

No comments: