Followers

Friday, November 19, 2021

Now There Are Three.....

A very crispy, sad day.  Yesterday was horrible.  Not only did I lose Berlin, I was in shock and mentally lost a couple of hours, ending up in the ER for a Cat Scan and blood work.  Everything was ok and while I was there, tuned in and able to answer questions.  This morning Berlin was still in the barn when I did chores.  I cleaned out Rebel's stall and moved his bedding into Berlin's.  Now he has big windows and can see Angel and Elliott.









Needless to say I did not sleep well last night and woke up at 3:30am.  I was chilly so we started a fire early.
My buddies kept me company while we waited for Scott, Jenny and Andrea to arrive.







Andrea has a lot of experience with moving horses and Scott knows his way around his tractor, so with the use of straps we were able to get Berlin out of the barn.
She is being buried at Glen Darach Farm where there is no problem with bedrock.  I am only able to handle this since she will be with Andrea.
At that time of day (4:30ish) the sky was spectacular.



I checked out Wallace, who is growing like crazy.  He was sacked out in his stall until we got there.
When I left, the clouds turned pink.
By the time I got home, Karen had done evening chores.  Rebel was in Berlin's stall and seemed to be fine.

No energy to make dinner.  Just grilled some hot dogs.
Night all.








 

5 comments:

Marcy said...

What a sad hard day. My heart goes out to you, and I’m glad you checked out ok at the ER.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Such a hard day. So glad you have such good friends and family. There is nothing I can say that will help. {{{hug}}}

Nancy J said...

I am so thankful the ER didn't find any real problems, the shock would be enough to trigger something. I truly cannot find the right words, hold your memories close by, and family love and friends will be right there all along this journey.

Val Ewing said...

I'm glad you checked out okay. I'm sorry she is gone.

Helen said...

I'm so sorry for you. You've lost a family member.