Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Cold Enough for Cabbage Soup...

We had a gorgeous sunrise, but much of the day was grey and got colder by the hour.







After chores I took a quick shower and ran a few errands.  First I went to the Rec Center to vote.
After that I hit the bank and Wegmans.
When I got back to the farm I started moving things to the Studio for winter storage and discovered this sign that Ariana painted when she was just a kid.  "Enter" Casa Del Artist.  Sweet.


I really needed to use up some cabbage, so I made soup that included Polka Kilbasa, onions, carrots and potatoes.  Started it on the stove and then put it in a crock pot.

I added four cups of chicken stock and 1 bag of our homemade sauce.
A splash of cider vinegar and 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.  Lots of fresh ground pepper.

Once everything was in the crock pot I was off duty.

Some areas south of us could see some snow flakes tonight.
Let's see if the flowers survive.





Can't beat a fire when it gets so raw outside.
Dinner was delish.  Served the soup with apples and extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Night all.



 

No comments: