Followers

Saturday, October 16, 2021

First Fire of the Season....

 Pouring when I went out to the barn and needed my muck boots and an umbrella.  Rebel and Elliott did not care and went out to the pasture....


Angel and Berlin stayed under the shed roof or in the barn.

It stopped raining in the afternoon and the sun tried to come out for a few minutes.
Little Wonder was a vision next to the orange flowers....




I decided to make some brownie cupcakes with walnuts this afternoon....about 18 of them....
The temperature is going down to the 40s tonight so I decided to bring my plants back into the house.

By the time I went out to do evening chores, the sky was getting pretty dramatic.





The sun was out and there was good light in the barn.
Can't believe there were two new blossoms today.

Back in the house just before dark.
Hot dogs, baked beans and leftover cabbage and applesauce for dinner.
It's cool, raining and Gary started a fire in our wood stove in the kitchen.  Cozy.
Night all.




2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Your first fire, I am hoping we are near our last, but a cold wind today meant Hugh lit it a wee while ago.Cosy, and those warm flame colours are so heartening.

Val Ewing said...

I turned our heat on yesterday morning for the first time! But that is okay, I am ready for cooler weather.
Love all of the flowers you have. What kind are those orange flowers LW is standing by?