Followers

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

#7393 The 50s!

Grey all day long, but no more rain.

Angel and Elliott were minus one shoe each and Berlin was off her grain and sore from all the running around they did yesterday




As soon as chores were done I started moving wood chips into the horse barn.

Gary helped me and Karen finished up before evening chores.

Around noon the dumpster was finally picked up and the horses could have their pasture back.
I kept driving the lawn tractor over the ruts that were made yesterday when they were here doing the roof.
This is how much water we still have in the outdoor arena.  No wonder the pasture got destroyed.

The giant mums plants are fully open today and are quite spectacular.

Had a rehearsal today and I was out in the Studio a little early.

We had such a good time working on songs from the 50s!

After discussing the names of a few we would like to try, we started singing them with no lyrics or chord charts.  So much fun!
If we sound weird, it's because it was our very first time trying these songs.
Little Wonder kept us company for over 3 hours.



Gary stopped in to listen.


Duh!  Are you done yet?

Finished at 4 and we had some surprise company!
Janet and Scott K. were in town and stopped by on their way to a B&B near the Genesee Country Museum.  So nice to see them!  She has been following my journal for a long time and knows everything about what's happening at Skoog Farm.  They moved from Brockport decades ago to State College in Pennsylvania.  Nancy (and Tom) were just leaving our rehearsal and it turns out that she and Janet knew each other from their teaching days at the High School.
And surprise, surprise! Little Wonder liked Janet!

He does not approach very many people, and little did he know that Janet follows him on my Journal.  
I was very happy that he did not shy away.
I did not cook again tonight.  Oh well.
Night all.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I have a little garden cart that is I think is easier than using a wheel barrow and I have a wheel barrow that also has two wheels in front. When things get really heavy, I attach a cart to my 4 wheeler and let that pull my loads around.
Most often, I opt to ignore all that and carry stuff.

Looks like you had a much better day!