Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

#7392 Not My Day

Muddy.Grey.Spritzie.

Morning chores as usual.




Just before I was finished, Gary announced that the Company putting a roof on the back run-in would be there in 20 minutes!  Gary had yoga at 11 and I had an appointment with the massage therapist at the same time.  I had to move the horses, close off the big pasture and make sure they could get up to the barn with their trucks.  What a time crunch, not to mention crappy conditions after all the rain.  Well they did not get there until it was almost 10:30 and I had to show them how to get in.  In the meantime, I was not able to take a shower and was a mess.  Why did Gary not tell them that they could not come until 1pm?  I was so ticked!!!!  Did not want people working on the property with no one home, so he relented and stayed there.  Of course I was not in the right frame of mind to enjoy the massage, and when I got back home, the paddock "gate" to the back pasture was open so the horses could get back into the area where they were working!!!!!! I was ticked again!!!!!  The horses went into the outdoor arena, must not have like the noise and broke down a post getting into the back pasture!  You can't imagine how thrilled I was.  Gary was out there with a rope and a bucket of grain having no clue as to how he was going to get the horses out of the area.  It's a good thing I told them they had to keep the back gate (where they drove the trucks in and out) closed at all times.  By the way, the pastures were still wet from the rain and one of the trucks put huge trenches in the grass because he thought going faster was a good idea when going through the gate.  So....they stopped working and I took a rope and got the horses one at a time....and put them back where they belonged.  Little Wonder was trying to help  me.  Elliot lost both of his bell boots...there were skid marks all over my beautifully mown pastures, and tonight Karen told me that each of her horses lost a shoe.  How's that!!!!!!


I decided to stay out there for awhile to make sure the horses did not go nuts!
And I thought I was so well prepared.  Big lesson learned!!!!  If I had been there, it would not have happened.

Gary also informed me that two friends, Judy and Denny Carrithers, from my high school days were in the area, so they stopped in.  Have not seem them in decades.  They had to leave for an appointment in Rochester so I never got to see them.  Just another beautiful part of my day.



Poor Little Wonder had very dirty feet all day long.


The horses actually spent quite a bit of time in the indoor, getting away from the noise.


Of course the outdoor arena is like a swamp.






By late afternoon the roof was done, but the dumpster was not going to be picked up until tomorrow morning.  Great....


All I wanted to do was go in the house to take a shower.  On my way in, Scott arrived and dropped off a major load of wood chips to go in the horse barn.
The truck was too big for the gate and the paddock was too muddy, so it got dumped at the end of the driveway.

Karen started putting it in the back shed area (where they put the roof) and I will work on putting more in tomorrow.  A nice long walk with each wheel barrow full.  Yay! No rest for the wicked.
I finally got my shower around 5 and did not feel like making dinner, so I drove down to Weggies and got "Danny's Favorite" sub and some chips.  Figured I deserved it.  And I thought my face plant in the mud yesterday (my Lucille Ball move) was bad.
Night all.


 

2 comments:

Tomato Thymes said...

Oh my goodness. What a day. Hope tomorrow is better.

Val Ewing said...

Well it sounded like you had quite the day.
I hope your day today goes better.
Mud is so much fun isn't it?