Followers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

SUNDAY STILLS CHALLENGE - PHOTOSHOP

Today we are supposed to alter our photographs with "Photoshop." Ed, this has forced me to learn more about Photoshop Elements....Thanks! I enjoyed doing this.


This is Billy at a driving show. Below the photograph was changed and has "glowing edges."



Abbe...I have already removed part of her harness. Below I used the mosaic style.



This one is more subtle. The flower below is outlined. Please click on these last two photographs so that you can really see the alterations more clearly...particularly the lily.



The leaves were altered by using "poster edges."


To see more examples: http://sundaystills.wordpress.com

I could do about 20 more of these!!!!

13 comments:

diane b said...

Looks like you are having fun with photoshop. Maybe one day!!!!I'll learn to use it.

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I've never tried Photoshop but it looks like fun.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Lori, I really like the poster edges on the leaves! Thanks for putting up the originals for comparison..it was a fun challenge, different but fun:)

Nea said...

Great pictures Lori. I really like the lily, like you say subtle, but very effective.

Holly said...

very cool! Good job!

Patches said...

Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I usually have to use photoshop for much more mundane and prosaic tasks that I often fail to see the artistic possibilities. With your example, I will certainly have a try now!

Mellimaus said...

Very cool! I love that lilly when it's photoshopped...VERY cool look to it! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. :):) I really liked the leaves.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Beautifully done! Your creativity shines through. And I love the Before photos, too. :)

~Lisa

restoration42 said...

I just love how Abbe's photo came out - the lines are simple and dynamic without a riot of color, just the right amount for stunning highlights. Also love the poster edge effect, perfect for the autumn leaves.

By the way, who is that gorgeous fella prancing away beside Abbe on your blog header ?

Shirley said...

My first thought was the same as Diane; looks like you had fun with this! The leaves and lily are beautiful, but I like the first one the best. It seems to have more motion than the original.

VioletSky said...

The leaves are great, and clicking on the lily you can really see the difference, yet it does look subtle when smaller. So, go ahead, have more fun and share!!