Followers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

STILL ON VACATION....

6:10am Eastern Standard Time.

My body will eventually adjust to the change.

A little brisk.

Put the hay in the pasture so the horses would be in the sun...they nibbled a little and went for the grass.

Gucci and Phoebe don't get quite as dirty with their new haircuts.

After Gary helped me with chores, we went down to Java for breakfast. The Market has closed for the season...no more tomatoes and red peppers.

For some reason, this Christmas Cactus has decided to bloom...fine with me.

After lunch, I rode Berlin with her new (Dr. Cook) Bitless Bridle. By Jove! I think she liked it.
We did a little walk and trot work...threw in a little shoulder in and she was fine. Next time we will canter.

I turned Berlin out, and then we tried the bridle on Winnie. She seemed to like it too. Both horses were very relaxed. Today I was on slow time...loving every minute of it.

Between 4:30 and 5:00 the sun was very bright.





90% of the leaves are gone...

As per usual, it was extremely bright just before dark.

It was that time of day when the West side of the house was full of light.

Around 5:30 I went out to do chores. By the time I finished it was pretty dark and the temperature dropped.











We were invited to have dinner with Randy and Arlene...stuffed cabbage and crusty bread...delicious. I took homemade applesauce and rice pudding for dessert.

Home a little before 9 and the temperature ....34 and going down. Have to go get under the covers! Night all.

8 comments:

BroomJockey said...

Hi Lori, I'm sorry I couldn't make it tonight. My friend has been doing poorly after a heart attack 2 weeks ago. They did every procedure they could think of but last night, he suffered a major stroke that severed his brain stem. They didn't realize it until this morning. They knew something was wrong because he didn't come out of the anesthesia. Anyways, I'm usually done with my chores around 8 or 8:30 in the morning. Are you available tomorrow morning (Mon) around this time? I could pop over and take a look and then let you get busy with your always filled up days. I really like the way that bridle looks on the horses. I may have to purchase one to try. I'll check my e-mails before I leave work tonight so I know if it's okay to stop by. Thanks again, Cindy

Kcalpesh said...

The pets look so cute! I would'nt ask for more if I ever got to spend such a splendid day :-)

- Pixellicious Photos

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your photos were all just beautiful. I enjoyed reading about and seeing the horses especially. I'm glad you like your Dr Cook's, too. I am about 98% happy with mine. I look forward to reading more updates on your useage of it in the future, too.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've been having very good luck with Maisie and the Dr. Cook's for trail rides. Haven't been using it for arena work lately - the arena's a muddy sloppy mess!

Victoria Cummings said...

What a lovely day - great photos. The time change takes some getting used to, but I have to admit it was nice to see the light at 6 am and not be feeding breakfast to the girls in the dark.

Frank said...

Winter certainly seems to be settling in at the Skoog's. What kind of heat have you planned for the studio?? Even without you adding that it's in the 230s it looks like it's getting colder. (Nice isn't it when the sun pours in the windows.)

The dogs have nice summer-length cuts, so I imagine you have warm coats for the girls? Or will they be wintering in Florida where their friend Dr. Porter is still basking in the heat and humidity. (HE may be packing HIS bags soon to find a nice NY farm where he can run and play and doesn't have to walk in 70 degree temps at 6:30am!!)

Maery Rose said...

Beautiful sky photos. Looks like a great day.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad your horses liked the bitless bridle and you had fun with them. Your pictures are great. We're starting to get some cold nights too. Love your moon shot.