Followers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

IT'S FREEZIN'!

After chores I mulched the leaves under the willow tree and drove the lawn tractor and the mower to the top floor of the barn. I had to go down the lane and through the back pasture.

The back forty is looking pretty peaceful.

For sure....the sheets had to go on today. Felt pretty bitter.

I don't think it ever got out of the high 30s.

Below, you can see one of the pigeons...that has moved from the indoor to this barn.

Every time I take photos in this barn, the orbs start showing up.

Got in the house about 11. After lunch I decided to go out and run a couple of errands.

Jack and Louise brought us this wreath when they came for Thanksgiving. I was going to hang it on the door, but am getting used to it being on this sculpture.

Was getting in a very domestic mood...marinated some cucumbers with onions and dill in a brine of vinegar, water and sugar. Madonna was coming to dinner and I wanted to go for some light fare.

At 4:30 I got a call from our friend Roger...an emergency call. Tina's horse Sunshine was down and things were not looking good. I stopped what I was doing and went over to see if there was anything I could do. Darrin got there with his horse trailer as we thought the horse needed to be taken to the Clinic, but it was decided that Sunshine could not make the trip. Two Vets had been there off and on all day. I left about 6:45 and my friend Andrea got there in the next half hour to give Tina some support. As you would expect, she was devastated...and in the end her sweet boy had to be put down.

When I got home, I put together 3 big salads and grilled some bread. Madonna, Gary and I had a late but delicious dinner. Mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, crumbled bacon, hard boiled eggs, crumbly blue and a good balsamic Italian dressing.

It's hard to stop thinking about Tina.

Night all.

No comments: