Followers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A TWO MAN SHOW...



Last night Gary and I went over to the Cretney home for a dinner we try to have monthly.  The third couple is Ann and Ron, who live in nearby Hamlin.  This started a couple of years ago, because whenever we are together we have a lot of laughs and great conversation.  We can all cook, so the meals are not too shabby... take turns hosting the dinner and all participate in the menu.  Last night we had a Southwestern flavored chicken with mashed potatoes, creamed corn, carrots in an orange sauce, and I made the salad (mixed greens, sweet onion, strawberries and bananas, crumbly blue and a wine blush dressing). 
 

Brenda was busy playing hostess...
Ann created two plates of appetizers...this is one of them.  The other was a plate with fresh pears, blue cheese, and two other cheeses with a side of maple roasted walnuts.

A beautiful fresh whipped cream cake with blackberries was made by Brenda....


NOW FOR THE TWO MAN SHOW PART OF THIS POST................

Brenda and her husband Al are both artists.  When they built their new house, it included a studio that any artist would envy, and they spend a lot of time there producing the pieces you will see below.  Brenda is into watercolors  (a few years ago attended my Workshop), and Al is a carver.  I don't know much about carving, but I can tell you that Brenda knows her business when it comes to painting and needs a one woman show at a well known art gallery.  The amount of time they put into their work is obvious.  I heard Al say that he is getting a piece ready for the World Show....no small potatoes.  I think I would love to be their agent.



This is DJ!!!
Winter....
Spring....


I was very surprised to see this work in progress.  It is a painting of Cooper, our 3 year old grandson.


How about the light on these candied apples?

I have a feeling that this portrait is one of her kids...

Now here are some examples carved by Al.  Notice the desk of this working artist.  I'm sorry I can't identify all these birds...perhaps you can.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I was so surprised and excited to see Brenda's watercolor of DJ! I've tried so many times to capture that smile and attitude. He was running for his frisbie in that Photo. She painted his inner "frisbie spirit" How do you do that!
Tina

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great artwork. What a talented artist.

allhorsestuff said...

Love the Clydesdales in snow and in grass!
KK

Gayle said...

The foods you eat are amazing. My life is very bland in comparison! The carvings are beautiful. Your friends are very talented.