Followers

Monday, September 12, 2022

Every Man For Himself

Gary went out to lunch and I had bridge here today so no cooking tonight.

This morning it was coolish and humid, pouring a little before noon.






After chores I picked some tomatoes as I was serving open faced sandwiches during bridge (along with a cup of bean salad).  Scrounged a couple apples for the horses while I was at it.


Gary vacuumed the downstairs and cleaned up all of my messes around the kitchen sink.
I made apple Betty for dessert.

Then I roasted some peppers.

Usually we have dried fruit, nuts or chocolate treats while we are playing, but today I served this instead.  First I toasted some Italian bread, then I put on some mayo, a sliced tomato, extra sharp cheddar cheese and a roasted red pepper for a garnish.
Put it under the broiler for a minute and voila.  Simple and so good.



 Eventually we had the Apple Betty with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My partner and I had great cards.  
Took it easy for awhile after they left and then went out to feed the ponies.  By then it was gorgeous outside.






Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

My first thought is, Gary knows how to use a vacuum? Hang onto him! The open faced sandwiches look terrific, your fellow players had to enjoy that along with dessert.

Michelle said...

Looks/sounds like you had a good time with great food.