Followers

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Thar She Blows...

It was 30 degrees this morning and the wind started kicking up as the day went on.  So did the snow.

I imagine we are going to have a minimum of 12 inches on top of what is already here.
The Rebel was waiting for breakfast.





After chores I drove down to Brockport to pay the taxes, then made a quick stop at Wegmans.
We're going to have a simple dinner later.  Made a corn salad that I was introduced to by a friend from France (over 40 years ago).  1 can of corn drained, 2 pieces of Swiss cheese diced, 1 big plum tomato chopped, 1/2 of a green pepper ( I had orange and red....the little ones).....
mixed in some home made Russian dressing....
and voila!  Very crunchy.
Also made some sloppy Joes.  I like getting a head start on dinner.
We have not had any dessert around for awhile so I made some rice pudding.
Spent a little time by the fire as the temperature outside got lower and lower.
Late afternoon I went out to check on the horses as it was snowing and blowing and I could not see them.
Once again they were in the furthest back pasture.


When they saw me, they ran in.




We had an earliesh dinner.  Comfort food.


Night all.

 

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

looks miserable out there, but anything whiter and cold would be welcome, we have 34C in our verandah at 4 p.m.No wonder the ponies ran!!!