Followers

Friday, February 18, 2022

An Ice Storm With Snow

About 12:30am I was awakened to the pinging of ice hitting the windows and had nightmares about breaking a leg on the ice this morning.  Fortunately we had about 4 inches snow and the ice did not have time to get real hard.  It was windy and felt like it was about 5 degrees.






At first it was snowing, but by the time I finished chores it stopped.  Gary had shoveled a path to the barn and eventually got out the snow blower to do the driveway.


I had to buy a new fork for picking the stalls as I broke the other one, and made a quick stop at Wegmans.  Late afternoon I went out to work on the sliding door to the indoor, as it was frozen shut last night when the temperature dropped.  Eventually I got it open and the horses went in for some running and bucking.  It must have felt good to be on some good footing.

Rebel was really happy to have the sun out much of the day.  Angel and Elliott spent a lot of time in the barn run-in and they don't let him in.

I had some leftover sauce in the frig, so I made a salad....
and some goulash for dinner.
Simple, but delicious.
Night all.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

We had winds and odd stuff. Glad it wasn't too bad of an ice storm!