Followers

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

In the Kitchen

Around 30 degrees with snow showers off and on.










Leftover pizza and celery sticks for lunch.  So good.
Took it easy for awhile....

then got busy in the kitchen (while tuning in to the Olympics).  Long overdue for some bean salad so that was first on my list.  I've posted the recipe, and made my usual additions.
Green beans, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, chi chi beans, corn, steamed carrots, onion and roasted red peppers.  I doubled the sugar, vinegar and oil as this was such a big batch...brought it to a boil so the sugar would dissolve and poured it over the beans.  I had enough for 3 big jars and put it in the frig to marinate.

Frequently I will top my garden salads with this mixture and add some tomatoes.
The ponies were busy eating hay all day long...at least it was not too cold.
After the bean salad was put away I started roasting a chicken.  Again, so much bigger and better than a rotisserie chicken from Wegmans.
I patted it dry and put salt and pepper in the cavities as well as on the top.  Inside the large cavity I put half of a lemon, a quartered onion and two sprigs of rosemary.  Melted some butter and brushed it on the surface, then sprinkled on a mixture of herbs.  Also put a big splash of white wine in the pan after the juices started flowing.  350 degrees (for a couple of hours) until it was well browned and had an internal temperature of at least 180.  So juicy! It weighed over 6 pounds.
Served it with baked potatoes and the bean salad.  Delish.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Looks nice but the warm weather will make it muddy!