Followers

Friday, February 25, 2022

So Much For The February Thaw

We woke up to a few inches of snow and the temperature was in the low 20s.  This morning I switched the turn out areas for the horses...Angel and Elliott went out first so I could put them in the run-in by the small pasture.  Angel and Shamus had a chance to meet as she walked down the aisle. 


Rebel and his pony had the front paddock and many options to get out of the weather....
but did they?




I had gone out at 7:30 and puttered around until around until 10.  Little Wonder stuck with me.
Checked on all of them a couple of times and they were doing fine.

Gary got the snow blower going and I actually did part of the driveway.
This is how it looked yesterday....
and this morning it was quite different.

After morning chores I had gone down to Country Max to get some shavings and leather conditioner as I wanted to modify this halter for Shamus.  I got it at a tack sale for our very first horse over 41 years ago.  Once I got it cleaned I cut down some of the straps and now it fits him.  Fancy.
A quick, easy dinner.
Night all.

The situation in the Ukraine is so heartbreaking.  Can you even imagine what it would be like for us if that was happening here?







 

5 comments:

Marcy said...

My grandparents were from Odessa and Kyiv. I’m glad they aren’t alive to see this happening. Makes me heartsick.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, I cannot imagine what it would be like here or how I would react. We haven't had war in the United States, on our land since 1865. I am in deep admiration of the Ukrainian government and troops and I think President Biden and the NATO officials and the EU as well as Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Australia are handling this admirably. In fact, President Biden has done a masterful job in getting the news out and standing up to a tyrant. We must all unite in support of the plan to keep Russia in its place. With that, I wish you peace in a troubled world.

Nancy J said...

I watched some footage as a Russian Tank swerved deliberately and ran right over a car. The elderly man survived and onlookers helped him, I cannot imagine their fear as any protestors are getting arrested. The Fear, I cannot imagine, united we must be in the midst of this turmoil, and be so thankful for any relative safety in our own lives. Meanwhile, your little one looks so happy, with a big horse to befriend and keep company. That alone gives my heart a lift.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks watching news coverage of families fleeing in trains in desperation. This just doesn’t seem possible when I see it, The fear and stress to just stay alive is so hard to fathom. Thank goodness we have a sincere leader with a heart and sensibility. We would be in such a horrible situation here in our country if the previous person were still president. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

Like others I am sick at heart and so horrified at the news. Unprovoked war.
Ukraine is a beautiful country. I recently watched a series where Bob Woodruff took his son on a tour of the world and the last place they visited was Ukraine.
This was in 2020.
And today I saw what the Russians were doing to it.
And Putin threatening anyone who interferes.
I shake my head.

On a happier note, I love how Shamus is fitting right in. Wow, all the snow melted and you got another blast of it!