Followers

Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Mexican Train Challenge...Part 2

Very cold and a little more snow today.

Little Wonder was not too excited about getting up this morning.


My hands were freezing by the time I finished hanging the hay nets.  Can't do it with my gloves off.


Company coming for lunch so I spent the rest of the morning getting things ready.  Our friends Ed C. arrived at 11 with all kinds of kindling for our fireplaces as he has been cleaning out his wood shop.  We invited him to join Al, Brenda and us.
Today we had "chili power bowls."  Of course I forget to take a photo of one..but this is how they were assembled.  First, brown rice in the bottom of the bowl.  Then Chili, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce and topped with crumbled corn chips.  A delicious combo.
Ed left and we had a Mexican Train rematch with Brenda and Al.  Brenda won and I was dead last.


They left around 4.


No fancy dinner tonight.   Just French toast.
My friend Jana finished the collage of our barn.  Love it!!!!
Night all.

PS
I can't close without acknowledging the anniversary of January 6th.
I listened to part of the President's speech this morning and the candlelight vigil tonight.  After all the damage that has been done, the deaths of the officers and the negative impact it has had on our country, I find it very sad that only 2 Republicans showed up to honor those lives....the lives of people who were there protecting them.  It does not matter what party you are in....what matters is respect, integrity and humility.  To minimize what happened is beyond disappointment.  It amazes me that so many could give up on principles and truth.  The photo above makes quite a statement.....



 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Looks like you had a good day with company.

Jan 6th should live forever in infamy. I'm still not over the shock of watching it as it happened.
I'm still not over the fact that the person who instigated it and others want to run for office.
The lies...
Sigh.