Followers

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Below 0 With lots of Good Light

Very cold and off to a grey start.



Got back to the house and did some laundry before starting to make soup for dinner.  This is my second time and of course I altered the recipe.

I used 2 onions, twice as many mushrooms, 6 cups of spinach, 6+ cups of chicken stock, 5 TBSP of Butter, 5 TBSP flour and two cups of milk.  Had no garlic so I added some garlic powder.








Sidney slept on the bed until 6:15 pm.  Smart cat.  I'm sure he will be back in shortly.

I could not believe how gorgeous the light was for much of the day.  The high temp was 12.

Sleeping beauties.
(6:47 and Sidney just came back in from his potty break)









Evening chores.  The Rebel knew how to take advantage of the sun while Angel and Elliott were inside the run-in eating hay.  They are not very nice to him.









Dinner was delicious!
I would highly recommend this recipe.

Night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Copied down the soup recipe so have everything that I can make it tomorrow! Thanks for sharing how you doctored it up this time.
Love seeing the kitty pictures all snuggled warm, cozy and safe. Kathy

Nancy J said...

Is the blizzard coming your way? I read it might be on the way to Canada, the Maritimes will be prepared for sure. Love that soup, we can save the recipe for a few months later on down here.