Followers

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

#7314 Another Weather Advisory

This morning all the water that was in the pasture was absorbed....just in time for more rain.  We hit the 80s today and it was very muggy.

The sun still looks weird, as the smoke from the fires in California is moving this way.
The water line crew was on duty by 7:15.




Yesterday I said things were moving right along as all I could see was nice dirt and no rocks!
Well, this morning that was not the case.  Lots of bedrock.
I picked some flowers for our kitchen table....had bridge here today.


The foreman for the water project came over to check on where the gas line comes into our basement.  Looks like everything is ok and we learned a lot talking to him.  Gary gave him a bunch of garlic.  They have 8,000 feet to go and that could take some time.  Yesterday they managed to get through 400 + feet, but their average is 120.  I wonder if they even got that far by the time they quit.
I had an 11 o'lock appointment with the massage therapist and at 1, Lorna, Bobby and Terry arrived for bridge.  Lorna brought dessert, and during our break we had such a great discussion about education.
Chocolate/zucchini cake!
Here are some of the rocks/boulders they pulled out today.  I would love to have some at the end of the driveway.










It started to rain a little after 5:30 and it's possible that we will get some hail and 60 mph winds.
Signing off.  Lots of thunder and lightning.
Night all.



 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

I'm sure if you ask , the workmen might be so happy not to have to get rid of them...the boulders will get onto your drive, easy peasy with their big machinery!!!

Val Ewing said...

The weather sounds awful! We have air quality alerts and haze forecast with heat for 3 days!
At least it will be overcast today mostly which will help keep the sun from blazing down on me while I fence off an area I don't want to mow.