Followers

Thursday, July 8, 2021

#7302 Bridge

More rain today.






The gardens are loving it.


After chores I raked the indoor arena so the footing would be better for Karen and Elliott.




I was all excited to make cabbage rolls today and got all the ingredients ready to go by 11:50, when I got a phone call that a friend was in the emergency room and they needed a sub for bridge.  No time to take photos and Gary ended up putting them together.  I took a quick shower and left by 12:45.  The water line was moving closer and closer as I passed by.


Just before I left, my friend Hanny dropped off a couple quarts of blueberries.
It felt good to play bridge.  If you know anything about it, the chance of getting the hand below is very remote.  I dealt this at home so I could get a photo.
After dinner I turned some of the blueberries into a pie, to be served when it cools....with whipped cream.






Fortunately, the cabbage rolls were in the crock pot and the kitchen smelled great when I got home.


I served them with mashed potatoes and applesauce.  A real mess on the plate, but it was so delicious.
Night all.





 

3 comments:

SmartAlex said...

What a beautiful indoor arena! That footing looks so enticing. I'd just love to canter circles in that.

Val Ewing said...

Oh...yum.

Love your food! I've never played Bridge.

How is your friend that was in the ER?

Lori Skoog said...

SmartAlex! Do you have horses?