Followers

Saturday, July 17, 2021

#7311 We Have Ordered an Ark....

It rained for hours last night and the ground is totally saturated.  It never stopped all day and the temperature was in the low 60s.  I held onto my big umbrella when I rode my trike out to the barn.

Rebel ventured out to the pasture and immediately got soaked.  Can you see the pond in the pasture? Later (as you will see) it was much larger.

Eventually Angel and Elliott joined him.


Berlin knew enough to sit tight under the shed roof.
What a mess.
The outdoor arena is totally flooded....every inch.
I put 4 hay nets in the barn run-in to encourage them to stay inside and there were also 5 under the shed roof.






Little Wonder was grazing in the muddy paddock and got soaked.
Late morning we took a trip down to the bank.  If I say the word "ride" he gets so excited.

It took quite awhile for him to dry off.



This is the first time I felt like making soup....(had some chicken stock to use up)
and was willing to turn the oven on to make some brownie cupcakes loaded with walnuts.
On the dinner menu....zucchini pancakes.
I put the horses in a little early as they were in the elements all day.
The water was deeper everywhere.








Gary picked some beets that I just boiled.
I looked at a couple recipes and free lanced the pancakes.
Also made some coleslaw....




Gary grilled some chicken and that was that for dinner.
I learned a lot about what I would do and not do the next time I make zucchini pancakes.
Tired...
Night all.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Our South Island has also had torrential rain, one small township had half the population evacuated, just over 2000 people , the remaining 2000 plus were told to stay tight and not to try and go anywhere, Love the horses being sensible. Zucchini, I grate and use in loaves, so tasty, just squeeze out the excess fluid first.

Val Ewing said...

The other night they had 4.5 inches of rain in town and we had 1.5 inches 10 miles away. There was some flooding and water over a few roads.
Eeeks.
That is quite a bit of rain. More than you needed. I guess that goes with the climate change? Things are turning quite wacky.

SmartAlex said...

Definitely a hay net sort of day. We got 1.5" two days in a row. I'll have to get the calculator out, but we're at 9.25" or higher for July. And - we got .5" on 06/30 so if you throw that in...