Followers

Saturday, July 3, 2021

#7297 Time To Pull Out The Garlic

Not a bad day weatherwise. 






Gary brought the shavings (I left in my car yesterday) into the feed room for me.  I appreciate that!


Today the local newspaper announced our gig on July 15th.  Only two more practices!
This afternoon Gary dismantled a big branch that came off this apple tree.  What a mess.  I don't remember ever having this many apples on it.  It was given to us 40 years ago when we moved to our farm.  The horses are going to be very happy.

He could not resist pulling out some of the garlic to let it dry.  Tomorrow a friend (Mark H.) is coming over to help him pull the rest out.


The San Marzano plants are almost 3 feet high and the tomatoes are showing up.
Fortunately, we have had about 2 1/2 inches of rain in the past few days and Gary has not had to water.

It was time for some fresh flowers on our kitchen table....there is finally some color out there.
Yesterday morning our next door neighbor passed away after spending the past week in the hospital.  He went to his Mom's house Thursday for Hospice Care and did not make it for 24 hours.  So devastating.  Fran was a Veteran and a Harley fan who just went on a big ride 2 weeks ago.  Tomorrow his friends were going to drive by and put it on TV so he could watch it.  At 10:30, they are going to do it in his honor and I'll bet it will be a huge group.  Today I mowed his lawn in case they come by the house.

I took home a couple zucchini from the Market last Sunday and used them for dinner tonight along with some other veggies and pasta.


Pretty soon we will have so many veggies in our gardens.
Of course we had some good light tonight.
Chore duty after dinner.  These ponies really seem to appreciate having quiet time in their stalls.




Night all.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

My friends who sell from their garden at the Farmers Market are pulling their garlic too! I guess it is time for that! I have never tried it...and my garden is small this year. Just corn, cukes, and some squash.